- 0:50 - Ron joined our team at the end of January or the beginning of February. He first came to out to one of our friends and family event a while back because he knows Sharkie (one of the original founding members of the team).
- 2:00 - Anime talk. Ron watched the old school classics such as Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. One of the newer ones he has watch is One-Punch Man.
- 3:44 - Ron has attended WonderCon and Comic-Con in previous years, but has never cosplayed. He might be interested in cosplaying with Ray Kwan, Hendrick, and Chris Yee.
- 4:44 - Ron does wood working which he learned for Filipino culture dancing and SFSU's Filipino culture night events. He created wood weapon props for it.
- 6:20 - We geek out about forging real weapons and the show on the History Channel about it. Then about forging weapons from video games and anime in real life. The YouTube channel is AWE me.
- 8:18 - Silvia and Ron talk about tinikling. It's a Filipino culture dance which involves two people beating, tappling, and sliding two sticks while one or two people dances in and out of it. Ron goes over the different variations of these.
- 12:01 - The Boston Marathon. Ron is training for the California International Marathon which he hopes to be able to get a time fast enough to enter the Boston Marathon.
- 12:55 - The first triathlon Ron has completed is a half Ironman which consists of a 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride, and finishes with a 13.1 mile run.
- 14:38 - Ben: "Are you ready for the Club Crew World Championships?"
Ron: "I don't want to ever say that I'm ready. I just always want to say that I'm pushing as hard as I can."
- 16:58 - Endurance is a big part of dragon boat. Power without endurance is meaningless.
- 17:53 - Mindset and adaptability. Always learn and improve wherever you can. If you have questions, take the time to ask someone for help so you can improve.
Silvia: "Sometimes you won't hear from people or anyone, but if you ask, that's when you actually hear the feedback."
- 19:45 - Silvia: "What motiviates you?"
- 21:11 - Ron: "When I'm out there, I can easily be the lone wolf type, but it's definitely 100 times more enjoyable to really have people have your back."
- 23:23 - Discipline
Silvia: "It makes me think of something Tony said this past weekend. About club crew he's like, 'You guys should be really proud of yourselves. You're not some regular old Joe Schmoe on the streets. You guys come to practice back to back, doing this every single weekend.'"
- 24:50 - Fun question: "When you're in Australia are you going to try some of the weird meats?"